Links to Helpful Guides, Videos & Other Resources
Canvas Help & Other ResourcesSome of the videos at the links listed below are in the Canvas Faculty Training course. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need access. Expand the categories below by clicking the plus (+) button.
Canvas LMS & Grade Submission Guides
Managing & Submitting Grades
- Canvas Grade Capture – Importing Course Grades from Canvas into StudentCentral
- Uploading Course Grades from Canvas to StudentCentral – Manual Method
- Importing Grades to a Grade Item in Canvas
- Importing Grades to Canvas from GradeMaster (DataLink)
- Grading Schemes: Rounding Up Final Grades
- Removing Test Student from Grades
- Accessing Student Grades in Past Courses
- Copying Course Content from Another Canvas Course
- How to Quickly Copy a Canvas Course Item to Another Course or Share It with Another Instructor
- How to quickly back up your course content.
*New Quizzes*New Quizzes is a new quizzing tool still under development by Instructure. Currently, instructors are presented with a choice of using “Classic Quizzes” or “New Quizzes”; however, New Quizzes is scheduled to replace Classic Quizzes by the summer of 2024. Quizzes created in Classic Quizzes can be migrated to the new tool.
New Rich Content Editor
- The New Rich Content Editor was enforced for all Canvas courses in early 2021. Click here to learn more.
Canvas Conferences (Big Blue Button)
- Canvas Conference-BigBlueButton BJU Instructor Guide
- Live Teaching with Canvas Conferences (BigBlueButton) (video)
- BigBlueButton Tutorial Videos
Canvas Online Guides, Video Tutorials, and TrainingContent created by Instructure
Microsoft Teams/Canvas Integration
Honorlock Proctoring (Resident Courses)
- Instructions for Using Honorlock in Resident Courses to Proctor Tests (links to Canvas page)
Turnitin Plagiarism Framework Integration
Use the Edge browser by Microsoft if text-to-speech technology is required. The new Edge browser is based on Chromium and includes features found in Chrome, supports Chrome browser extensions, and has the same rendering engine as Chrome. Edge contains “Read Aloud” and “Immersive Reader” tools for users who need reading assistance. Immersive Reader is also available in Canvas Pages.
Important changes to where Microsoft Teams recordings are stored!Microsoft is changing the location of Teams recordings. As of February 2021, new Teams recordings may be stored in either OneDrive or SharePoint rather than in Stream. Older recordings will remain in Stream. Click here for more information.
- Installing Microsoft Teams on Windows, University Owned Computer
- Installing Microsoft Teams on a Mac, University Owned Computer
- Installing Microsoft Teams on Personally Owned Devices
- Setting Up a Teams Meeting
- Using Teams in a Live Classroom
- Linking Teams Recordings to a Canvas Course MS Stream recordings only
- Guide to Using Microsoft Teams in Canvas
- Creating a Team
- Setting Up a Controlled Teaching Session in Teams
- Checking Your Computer Hardware for Teams
- Sharing Your Teams Recordings and Other Videos in Microsoft Stream MS Stream recordings only
- Breakout Rooms Overview Video
- Another Great Video on Breakout Rooms (YouTube)
- Spotlight Tool Video (YouTube)
- 8 new features in Microsoft Teams and Outlook Integration for 2021 (YouTube)
Microsoft Teams Room Cart
- Microsoft Forms Training (by Microsoft)
- Video on Collecting Data with Microsoft Forms (contains sponsored content). This video explains how to create a form connected to an Excel spreadsheet and more.
- Top 25 Microsoft Forms tips and tricks for 2021 – New features, hidden gems & Office integration (YouTube)
- Transferring ownership of a Microsoft Form to a Group – PDF Guide
Various Guides (Remote Desktop, PowerPoint, etc.)
More Academic Resources (syllabus templates & helpful links)
- Canvas Support Hotline (Faculty): 1-833-447-8310
- Chat with Canvas Support –IMPORTANT! Please do not call IT Support at ext. 3880 for Canvas LMS issues and questions. IT Support does not have access to Canvas.
- Additional assistance: Speak with a staff member at Technology Resources in Alumni 207.