OverviewCanvas is our learning management system (LMS). You may access Canvas by going to bju.instructure.com or by going to home.bju.edu, and selecting “Canvas LMS” in the left-hand menu. All your courses should be listed in the Canvas LMS; however, not every teacher uses Canvas for their courses. If a course is not accessible, it is possible that your professor is not using Canvas for that specific course or has not yet published the course in Canvas. If you have questions or concerns, check with your teacher or visit Technology Resources in AL 207.
Canvas 24/7 Support
- Canvas Support Hotline (Students): 1-833-447-8309
- Chat with Canvas Support
- IMPORTANT! Please do not call IT Support at ext. 3880 for Canvas LMS issues and questions. IT Support can help with password issues but does not have access to Canvas.
Getting Help With Canvas
- If you need assistance with Canvas, consult the Canvas guides.
- Enroll in Passport to Canvas training course.
- You may also visit Technology Resources in AL 207 for assistance.
- If you need help navigating the iPhone or Android app, click here for a helpful video.
Canvas Video TutorialsExpand each topic below to view the video.
Canvas Dashboard Overview
Receiving Communications From Your Teacher
In Canvas, the teacher of your course can message you with reminders, information, a note, or assignment changes. By default, you should be receiving these messages in your Canvas inbox as well as in your BJU email inbox. However, if you are not receiving Canvas emails in your BJU email inbox from your teacher, follow these steps.
- In Canvas, select “Account” in the left hand menu panel.
- Select “Notifications.”
- Scroll down to “Conversations.”
- To immediately send messages from your professor to your BJU email address, select the bell icon for “Notify immediately”