OverviewThe Cricut Maker is a computer-controlled cutting machine designed to cut paper, felt, vinyl, fabric, matboard, and even thin balsa wood. With a Cricut machine, you can make labels, greeting cards, iron-ons, stickers, even vinyl stencils for cool glass etching. The Cricut Maker gives professional results to bulletin board materials, package design, and personalized products.
- Download the Design Space application to your iPad or borrow an iPad from Technology Resources.
- Create a free Cricut account. There should be a link on the sign-in page.
- Go to learn.cricut.com for tutorials on how to use the Design Space application.
- Create or choose your design (some designs must be purchased).
- Select the material you will need. Materials can be purchased from Cricut.com or from a local crafts or hobby store. Types of compatible materials are listed below. We may have some materials available for small projects. Check with us.
- Visit Technology Resources to make your design a reality.
Cricut Compatible Materials
- Adhesive foil
- Card stock
- Chipboard (.37mm, .55mm)
- Corrugated cardboard
- Crepe paper
- Leather (1.4mm, 1.8mm, 2mm)
- Sticker paper
- Transfer paper
- Window cling