Canvas Course Migration NewsGood News! Course content has been moved from BJUOnline LMS (D2L) to the new Canvas LMS. Please read this information completely.
What content has been migrated?All course content that an instructor created in courses from August 2015 through December 2017 has been moved over into Canvas.
What content cannot be migrated?No student data (including student file submissions, grades, and quizzes) can be migrated. If you need access to student data, please see the instructions below for exporting specific types of records.
What do you need to do now?You need to verify your migrated courses and their content before April 1st. IMPORTANT! In order to do the migration efficiently, empty courses were not copied. It is possible that some of your courses may have been inadvertently skipped or that the wrong content was copied. We need you to take some steps to ensure that you have what you need for the future.
- Log in to Canvas at instructure.com.
- Click the Courses tab in the left menu and then click All Courses.
- If you see any pending course invitations to join your courses, click Accept.
Your migrated courses will be listed with the course number, the semester, and your username (eg. Ac_200_Jan-May2016_jdoe.)
These courses will serve as master courses. You will be able to copy content from them, but they are not the courses you will actually use with students.
- Make sure all the courses you need are there. If the course in BJUOnline (D2L) was empty, it will not appear in the list.
- Click the link to the course to view its content. The appearance and arrangement of the content may be different and need some adjustment by you.
- Open the equivalent course in BJUOnline (D2L) to compare content.
If all the course content you need has been migrated, you need take no further action.
If course content is missing, please email Perry Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org.If you have additional course content that you wish to export from BJUOnline (D2L) and move to Canvas, click here for instructions.
How long will I have access to BJUOnline (D2L)?You will lose access to D2L after the spring semester ends. Once the contract with D2L expires, all users including IT will lose access within thirty days. No data in D2L will be retrievable after that time.
Can you export any student data from BJUOnline (D2L)?As noted above, the migration does not include student data. Here are a few ways you can export some student data if needed. You must complete all data saves by May 5, 2018. Go to your course in BJUOnline (D2L).
- In the Enter Grades tab click Export.
- Select checkboxes for everything you wish to export.
- At the bottom of the page chose either Export to CSV or Export to Excel.
- In Assignments, click a submission folder.
- Select any submissions you wish to keep and click Download.
- In the Statistics tab at the top of the Quizzes/Tests page, click the name of a quiz or test.
- In the upper right corner of User Statistics click either Export to CSV or Export to Excel.
- In Other Tools, click Class Progress.
- Click the name of a student.
- At top right of the page, click Print.
- Click the Print button at the bottom of the page and print to PDF.