Your course may require a tests to be proctored online through Honorlock. Designed for simplicity, Honorlock is completely on-demand, so you may take your test at any time of the day. Each exam session is recorded. If the proctoring system detects any questionable incidents, these will be reported to your professor.
- No scheduling of appointments
- Simple Google Chrome extension installation
- No additional logins
- 24/7 support for faculty and students
- On-Demand sessions
- Patented technology for mobile device detection
Honorlock is very simple! You are required to use Google Chrome as your browser. Using Google Chrome, login to Canvas and click on the quiz/test you need to take. You will be prompted to add the Honorlock Chrome Extension. Then you will need to take a picture, show your ID, and scan the room.
Honorlock will record you via webcam, and it will record your screen. Also, Honorlock uses an integrity algorithm that can detect search engine use, so do not attempt to cheat or look up answers, even on a secondary device.
How to Get Started
- Use Google Chrome and download the Honorlock Chrome Extension. You can download the extension at www.honorlock.com/extension/install.
- When you are ready to take your exam, log in to Canvas, go to your Course, and click on your exam.
- Click on “Take your Exam” and complete the authentication process before you begin your exam.
- If you see a page asking for an access code, it means that you did not install the Honorlock Chrome Extension or you are not in Google Chrome.
Tests outside of the Canvas system may use Honorlock Universal for proctoring.
Please note that Honorlock will not work on a mobile device.
Additional Training and Support
- Honorlock Student Guide
- Proper Room Scan
- 24/7 Support at honorlock.com/support – Please contact Honorlock Student Support before contacting your instructor.