Here are the standard requirements for student-owned laptops for 2022.The computer you plan to use for your courses should meet or exceed the following specifications. NOTE: Some programs have special requirements or preferences regarding Windows PC or Mac. Consult your advisor or department chair for details.
- Processor (CPU): Intel i5, AMD Ryzen 5 or better | Apple M1 chip or better
- Memory (RAM): 16 GB or higher
- Wireless: 802.11ac or newer
- Storage: 512 GB or larger Solid-State Drive (SSD)
- Operating System: Windows 10/11 (not in S mode) or Mac OS (not more than two versions behind the latest)
- Software: Microsoft (Office) 365 (free to students); reputable antivirus software (Windows Security, Avast, etc.)
- Other: Webcam and microphone
- Important! Chromebooks, iPads, and any other devices that cannot run either a full Windows or Mac operating system are NOT acceptable alternatives.