Before the study group
If your teacher does not mind, email the students weekly reminders about the study group place, time, and information (what to expect, what to bring, how to prepare, etc.).
- If the door to your assigned classroom is locked, you can get a key from the Testing Center.
- If you need a larger classroom, please ask the Testing Center to open one for you.
- If no students arrive after 15 minutes, feel free to leave.
- If only one student shows up for your student group, please relocate to the Den or the Library where you can study under the supervision of the Technology Resources GAs.
During the study group
- Please fill out the attendance sheet.
- Greet everyone and ask for questions and discussion topics.
- Ask questions and allow students to talk so no one person dominates the conversation.
- Please keep in mind that this is a group effort, not a class lecture or a tutoring session.
If you are the final study group for the evening, please turn off the lights and be sure trash is thrown away.
- If you need to cancel your study group because of illness or a conflict, you must email the teacher, the students, and email@example.com at least 24 hours in advance (except in the case of an emergency).
- If your study group falls on a night when we have a one-night University event or Artist Series, feel free to cancel. When the Artist Series is offered on multiple nights, please attend on a night that does not conflict with your study group so you can still meet with your fellow students.
- Each study group will be evaluated by the coordinator once during the semester.
Thank you for your service! If you need a whiteboard or any other kind of equipment, you can contact Technology Resources (AL207) to reserve it. If you have any questions, feel free to email us or stop by AL 213 during our office hours.