- CHEQROOM Essentials – What you need to know to make and manage all your reservations (includes steps for setting up recurring reservations)
- CHEQROOM Quick Reserve Guide – Basic steps for reserving equipment.
- NOTE: To set up recurring reservations or to use a past reservation to reserve the same equipment, use the web application rather than the mobile app.
Equipment Loan Terms and Conditions
- Please use CHEQROOM for all equipment requests.
- Online reservations for first hour (8:00 am) should be made by 4:00 pm the DAY BEFORE the equipment is needed. (Reservations for Monday morning should be received by 4:00 pm on the previous Friday.)
- Presentation equipment (projectors, screens) cannot be used for outdoor events.
- Some equipment listed in our inventory may not be available for student use.
- Loan duration limits apply to most types of equipment, especially iPads and laptops.
- Equipment can be picked up in AL 207 unless otherwise noted.
- Technology Resources reserves the right to block users from further equipment reservations if it is judged that equipment loan privileges have been abused and/or terms have been violated.
By using our equipment, you agree to the following:
- You agree to return the equipment on time. Other users may be depending on the return of the items. Late fees may be charged for late equipment returns. The fee is $1.00 per hour (minimum of $1.00 up to $10.00 per day). If you need the equipment longer, use CHEQROOM to extend your return time, or contact Technology Resources before the equipment is due to see if your loan can be extended.
- You agree to return all components of the equipment you borrow in good condition and properly assembled.
- You agree to use the equipment only for official university business (classes, faculty giving seminars, university business trips and presentations, course projects, official outreach teams, and ministries, society, etc.). All other usage is prohibited.
- You are currently a BJU student or employee of BJU, Inc. or BJUEG.
- The equipment you are borrowing will be used by you or used under your direct supervision.
Equipment Pickup and Return Hours
Semester HoursMonday-Friday 7:45am – 10:50am, 11:45am – 7:00pm; Saturday 1:00 – 5:00 pm. NOTE: In the app, you must select 8:00 am for a first-hour reservation; however, you may pick up your item as early as 7:45 am.
Summer HoursMonday-Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm. Closed Memorial Day and Independence Day.
Holiday HoursDuring holiday breaks, see our home page for hours.
Things to Remember
- Our checkout system requires that we check out your items when you pick them up. Please give yourself a few minutes for the checkout process.
- Loaner laptops may need to install updates at any time. If you borrow a laptop, give yourself plenty of time to log in so that updates do not interfere with your activity or event. If taking a laptop off campus be sure to log in first while still on the campus network to create a user profile on the computer.
- Some items may need charging. Due to scheduling and space restrictions, we cannot guarantee that items will be fully charged. When reserving equipment, allow enough time for charging the battery (laptops, Swivl units, cameras, etc.).
- If you need specific apps on an iPad, request them in advance so they can be installed by Technology Resources staff. Apps cannot be downloaded to our iPads without permission. To request an app, click here to access the form.
IMPORTANT! Use your full BJU email address for your username when logging in to CHEQROOM.