Get Covenant Eyes
Request an Account
You will need a Covenant Eyes account before you can use the software. Accounts are free for all BJU students.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your BJU student email account to request an account.
Note: Your Covenant Eyes account is different than your BJU account, so the username and password may differ.
Install Covenant Eyes
You can install Covenant Eyes on as many devices as you want. Use the following instructions for each device you own.Installation Instructions for Windows, OSX, iOS, and Android
Note: Covenant Eyes is currently not available for Linux, Windows Phone, or BlackBerry devices.
Add Accountability Partners
You can add as many accountability partners as you want.
- Login to your Covenant Eyes account online and go to the “Partners” page.
- Click the “Add Partner” button
- Enter your Accountability Partner’s email address and select the rating of the report they should receive.
- The Accountability Partner will receive an email where they can accept your invitation. You will get an email letting you know what their decision was.
- Repeat for each Accountability Partner you have.
- If you don’t know who to add as your Accountability Partner, check with your Mentor, Resident Assistant, or Group Leader.
Note: Covenant Eyes only works when you have at least one Accountability Partner. Your Resident Mentor will follow up with you if you have not chosen one within a week of signing up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are students required to use Covenant Eyes?
No. Covenant Eyes is offered as a free resource to all BJU students to encourage further accountability.
Will BJU monitor my Covenant Eyes reports?
No. Only your Accountability Partners can see your Covenant Eyes reports. You can see who receives your reports under the “My Partners” tab in your Covenant Eyes account.
What Android apps are monitored?
See all the apps that are monitored on this page. If an app is not monitored, you can enable app locking to make the user enter a pin to use the app.
What iOS apps are monitored?
Only the Covenant Eyes app is monitored. This is why you must disable Safari and new app installs. Use mobile websites (such as m.facebook.com) in the Covenant Eyes app to access the internet.
Can faculty/staff sign up?
BJU is unable to facilitate faculty/staff sign up at this time. Feel free to create your own personal account or get together with other faculty/staff to create a group account for a discounted rate. Use the promo code “safeonline” to get your 1st month free.